Sinumerik Alarm 12210 Channel %1 block %2 string %3 too long
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
%3 = String in the source block
• In the definition of a variable of type STRING, it has been attempted to initialize more than 100 characters.
• In an allocation, it has been found that the string does not fit in the given variable.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Correction block
Press the NC Stop key and select the function “Correction block” with the soft key PROGRAM CORRECT. The correction pointer positions on the incorrect block.
• Select shorter string or divide up the character string into 2 strings
• Define larger string variable
Clear alarm with NC START or RESET key and continue the program.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens