Sinumerik Alarm 6424 Channel %1 tool move not possible. Tool %2 not available/not usable.
%1 = Channel ID
%2 = String (identifier)
The desired tool motion command – triggered from the MMC or PLC – is not possible. The status of the named tool does not allow movement of the tool. The named tool is not defined or not permitted for the command.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– NC Start disable in this channel.
• Check whether the tool status ‘is being changed’ (‘H20’) is set. If yes, then the appropriate tool change command must first be completed by the PLC. Then the tool should be able to be moved.
• Check whether the tool data are correctly defined. Has the correct T number been specified?
• Check whether the move command has been correctly parametrized. Is the desired tool at the source location? Is the target location suitable for taking the tool?
• Check whether the tool has already been loaded (if the alarm occurs while loading the tool).
Clear alarm with the Delete key or NC START.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens