Sinumerik Alarm 12490 Channel %1 block %2 access permission level %3 is not valid
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
%3 = Source string
The desired access authorization, programmed with the keyword REDEF, has not been set. The desired protection level is either beyond the permitted value range or the protection level change is not allowed.(The REDEF instruction is only executable in INITIAL_INI blocks on SINUMERIK 840D, P1 (6/94)). The protection level may be changed only if:
1. The current protection level is equal to or higher than the level originally defined, and
2. The new protection level is to be below the level originally defined.
The higher numerical values represent the lower protection levels. The lower 4 levels (from 7 to 4) correspond to the key switch positions, and the upper 4 levels are associated with 4 passwords.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Correction block
Press the NC Stop key and select the function “Correction block” with the soft key PROGRAM CORRECT. The correction pointer positions on the incorrect block.
• Use the REDEF instruction only in the INITIAL_INI block
• Using the operator panel, set the current protection level to at least the same level as that of the variable with the highest level
• Program protection level within the permissible value range
• Only program new protection levels that are lower than the old values
Clear alarm with NC START or RESET key and continue the program.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens