Sinumerik Alarm 12400 Channel %1 block %2 field %3 element does not exist
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
%3 = Source string
The following causes are possible:
• Impermissible index list; an axis index is missing
• Array index does not match the definition of the variables
• An attempt was made to access a variable at array initialization via SET or REP; this attempt did not correspond to the standard access. Single character access, partial frame access, omitted indices not possible. A non-existent element was addressed on initializing this array.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Correction block
Press the NC Stop key and select the function “Correction block” with the soft key PROGRAM CORRECT. The correction pointer positions on the incorrect block.
• Array initialization: Check the array index of the addressed element. The 1st array element is given the index [0,0], the 2nd array element [0,1] etc. The right array index (column index) is incremented first. In the 2nd row, the 4th element is also addressed with the index [1,3] (the indices start at zero).
• Array definition: Check the size of the array. The1st number indicates the number of elements in the 1st dimension (number of rows), the 2nd number indicates the number of elements in the 2nd dimension (number of columns).An array with 2 rows and 3 columns must be defined by specifying [2,3].
Clear alarm with NC START or RESET key and continue the program.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens