Haas Parameter 254 TC AIR DOOR CLEARANCE – Haas Mill
Incorporates the X-axis door clearance for the Mini-horizontal. This position is used during a tool change to avoid hitting the tool changer door, since part of the door enters the machining area during a tool change. This parameter also supports the VB-1 Bridge Mill tool carousel air door. The air door is a clamshell shaped door covering the tool carousel, which raises up at one side by air power to allow the spindle to access the tools. In order for it to open and close, there must be sufficient clearance between it and the spindle. This parameter must be set to the correct value (in encoder units), Parameter 223, Air TC Door Delay must be set to a non-zero value, Parameter 267, Zero Axis TC must be set to 1, and Parameter 278, TC DR Switch must be set to 1. When a tool change is commanded, the following steps are performed:
- 1) The Y-axis is moved to the position specified by Parameter 254.
- 2) The air door is commanded to open.
- 3) There is a delay specified by Parameter 223 to allow the door to open fully.
- 4) The Y-axis is moved to zero and the tool change is performed.
- 5) The Y-axis is moved to the position specified by Parameter 254.
- 6) The air door is commanded to close.
- 7) There is a delay specified by Parameter 223 to allow the door to close fully.