Centroid Alarm 410 _ axis position error
Cause & Effect
A position error > .25 inches is detected on any axis. All axis motion is stopped, power to the motors is released (all servo drive commands cease) and the CNC program is aborted.
The probable causes of this error are:
1. The motor is wired up backwards.
2. Noise is getting into the system via the motor cables (the line integrity has been violated).
3. An encoder error occurred.
1. Try to slow jog the motor and watch the DRO position. If the position on the DRO goes opposite the direction indicated on the jog button, then the motor is wired up backwards. Change the motor wiring.
2. Check the motor cabling paying particular attention to the ground connections. Replace the cable if it is damaged or repair the motor connections.
3. Jog the motor awhile, at the maximum rate, using the fast jog buttons. (Check the fast jog rate in the motor jog parameters screen to make sure it is set equal to the maximum motor rate.) If the motor seems to jump around rather than accelerate and decelerate smoothly then you are probably fighting an encoder error. Swap the motor with one from another axis and see if the error follows the motor. If it stays with the axis, replace the MPU11. If it follows the motor, replace the motor cable. If the problem still persists, replace the motor and encoder.