Centroid Alarm 409 _ axis lag
Cause & Effect
Lag Distance (Allowable Following Error) is detected on any axis for more than 1.5 seconds. All axis motion is stopped and the CNC program is aborted. The probable causes of this error are:
1. The machine is doing a very heavy cut.
2. The maximum rates or the acceleration values for the motors are set too high.
3.The motors are undersized for the application
1. If the problem is occasional heavy cuts, slowing down the cutting feedrate can solve the problem.
2. If the problem only occurs on high speed moves then either the maximum speed or the acceleration is set too high. Lower the values in the Motor Setup screen or run Autotune again to determine new values.
3. If there are persistent lag errors in normal operations, this indicates that the motors are too weak to handle the required loads. Increase the gear ratios or get more powerful motors.