Mazak Alarm 251 MILLING MOTOR ROTATION PROHIB.
1. A milling spindle rotation command was given even though the chuck was not closed.
2. A milling spindle rotation command was given even though the milling tool was not clamped.
3. A milling spindle rotation command was given even though the milling head (Baxis) was not clamped.
4. The M203, M204 or M219 command was given in the turning mode.
5. A milling spindle rotation command was given with the door not closed when the door interlock switch was set to AUTO. [When the door interlock option is provided.]
6. Alarm 297 CHUCK PRESSURE DOWN or 296 TAIL SLEEVE PRESSURE DOWN is displayed.
7. The touch sensor for workpiece measurement is mounted on the milling head.
8. The milling tool rotation command is given though the TOOL EYE is not placed at the backward end.
Check and remedy
1. After closing the chuck using the chuck clamp command, designate the milling spindle rotation command.
2. After clamping the milling tool, designate the milling spindle rotation command.
3. After clamping the milling head (Baxis), designate the milling spindle rotation command and check the milling head clamp sensor.
- 1) Program error → Correct the program.
- 2) Switch to the milling mode and then designate the command.
5. Close the door and start the milling spindle rotation.
6. Clear the alarm 297 or 296.
7. Change the touch sensor for a rotating tool in the MDI or automatic mode.
8. Retract the TOOL EYE. Also check the backward end sensor.