Sinumerik Alarm 6431 Function not allowed. Tool management/monitoring is not active.
Occurs when a data management function is called which is not available because Tool- Man is deactivated. For example, the language commands GETT, SETPIECE, GETSELT, NEWT, DELT.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Interpreter stop
– NC Start disable in this channel.
• Please inform the authorized personnel/service department.
• Make sure of how the NC is supposed to be configured! Is tool management or tool monitoring needed but not activated?
• Are you using a part program that is meant for a numerical control with tool management/tool monitoring? It is not possible to start this program on the numerical control without tool management/tool monitoring. Either run the part program on the appropriate NC control or edit the part program.
• Activate tool management/tool monitoring by setting the appropriate machine data. See $MN_MM_TOOL_MANAGEMENT_MASK, $MC_TOOL_MANAGEMENT_MASK
• Check whether the required option is set accordingly.
Clear alarm with the Delete key or NC START.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens