Sinumerik Alarm 6421 Channel %1 tool move not possible. Empty location for tool %2 Duplo no. %3 on magazine %4 not available.
%1 = Channel ID
%2 = String (identifier)
%3 = Duplo number
%4 = Magazine number
The desired tool motion command – triggered from the MMC or PLC – is not possible. The tool cannot be moved into the specified tool magazine. There is no appropriate location for this tool.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– NC Start disable in this channel.
• Check whether the magazine data have been defined correctly (e.g. the magazine must not be disabled).
• Check whether the tool data are correctly defined (for example, the tool location type must match the location types allowed in the magazine).
• Check whether there is still room in the magazine to add another tool; there may not be due to operating procedures.
• Check whether a location type hierarchy is defined and whether it, for example, does not allow insertion of a type ‘A’ tool in a free location with type ‘B’.
Clear alarm with the Delete key or NC START.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens