Sinumerik Alarm 6401 Channel %1 tool change not possible: Empty location for tool %2 Duplo no. %3 on magazine %4 not available.
%1 = Channel ID
%2 = String (identifier)
%3 = Duplo number
%4 = Magazine number
The tool cannot be moved into the selected tool magazine. There is no appropriate location for this tool.A suitable location is mainly determined by the status. The status must indicate that this location is free, not disabled, not reserved and not co-occupied by a tool that is too large. Furthermore, it is important that the type of tool matches the type of any magazine location that may be free. (If, for example, all magazine locations are of the ‘B’ type and these are all free and the tool is of type ‘A’, then this tool cannot be put into this magazine).
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– NC Start disable in this channel.
– NC Stop on alarm.
• Check whether the magazine data have been defined correctly.
• Check whether there is still room in the magazine to add another tool; there may not be due to operating procedures.
• Check whether a location type hierarchy is defined and whether it, for example, does not allow insertion of a type ‘A’ tool in a free location with type ‘B’.
Clear alarm with the RESET key. Restart part program
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens