Sinumerik Alarm 301704 Axis %1 drive %2 pole pair width/division of linear scale (internal) out of range
%1 = NC axis number
%2 = Drive number
With linear motors the pole-pair width and graduations data is used for calculating the equivalent (internal) pole pair number and (internal) encoder marks. For this it is neces- sary that the encoder marks correspond to one or x pole pair widths as an integer. This error message is output if the result is not an integer pole pair width/graduations*x (to x=16) or if the calculated internal encoder marks value is too high. Absolute interpretation as an integer if the result is within a +/- 0.001 tolerance.
– Mode group not ready.
– Channel not ready.
– NC Start disable in this channel.
– NC Stop on alarm.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
Please inform the authorized personnel/service department.
• Long traversing paths: It is advisable to use a length measuring system where the encoder marks match x* pole pair widths as integer.
• Short traversing paths: With short traversing paths, only a small error can accumulate and hardly affect the heating and the maximum power that can be reached if the encoder marks do not comply with the +/-0.001 tolerance. Then it is advisable to slightly modify the pole pair width: Example: Pole pair width: 56.8 mm, graduations: 2.7 µm => Pole pair number = 1, encoder marks = 21037.037 => error Avoid the error by entering pole pair width = 56.7999 mm. => Pole pair number = 1, encoder marks = 21037.0 => no error
Switch control OFF – ON.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens