Sinumerik Alarm 14920 Channel %1 block %2 intermediate point of circle incorrect
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
When programming a circle by means of an intermediate point (CIP) all 3 points (initial, end and intermediate points) are on a straight line and the intermediate point (programmed by means of interpolation parameters I, J, K) is not located between the initial and end points.
If the circle is the component of a helix, the specified number of turns (keyword TURN=…) determines further block processing:
• TURN>0: alarm display because the circle radius is infinitely great.
• TURN=0 and CIP specified between initial and end points. A straight line is generated between the initial and end points (without alarm message).
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Correction block is reorganized.
Locate the position of the intermediate point with the parameters I, J and K in such a way that it actually is located between the initial and end points of the circle or do not make use of this type of circle programming and instead program the circle with radius or opening angle or center point parameters.
Clear alarm with NC START or RESET key and continue the program.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens