Sinumerik Alarm 14070 Channel %1 block %2 memory for variables not sufficient for subroutine call
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
A called subroutine cannot be processed (opened), either because the internal data memory to be created for general purposes is not large enough, or because the available memory for the local program variables is too small. The alarm can only occur in MDA mode.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Interpreter stop
– NC Start disable in this channel.
Analyze the part program section:
1. Has the most useful data type always been selected in the variable definitions? (For example REAL for data bits is poor; BOOL would be better)
2. Can local variables be replaced by global variables?
Clear alarm with the RESET key. Restart part program
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens