Sinumerik Alarm 14040 Channel %1 block %2 error in end point of circle
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
In circular interpolation, either the circle radii for the initial point and the end point are further apart, or the circle centre points are further apart, than specified in the machine data.
1. In circle radius programming the starting and end points are identical, thus the circle position is not determined by starting and end points.
2. Radii: The NCK calculates from the present start point and the other programmed circle parameters the radii for the start and the end point.
An alarm message is issued if the difference between the circle radii is either
• greater than the value in the MD 21000 CIRCLE_ERROR_CONST (for small radii, if the programmed radius is smaller than the quotient of the machine data CIRCLE_ERROR_CONST divided by 21010 CIRCLE_ERROR_FACTOR), or
• greater than the programmed radius multiplied by the MD CIRCLE_ERROR_FACTOR (for large radii, if the programmed radius is greater than the quotient of the machine data CIRCLE_ERROR_CONST divided by CIRCLE_ERROR_FACTOR).
3. Center points: A new circle center is calculated using the circle radius at the starting position. It lies on the mid-perpendicular positioned on the connecting straight line from the starting point to the end point of the circle. The angle in the radian measure between both straight lines from the starting point to the center calculated/programmed as such must be lower than the root of 0.001 (corresponding to approx. 1.8 degrees).
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Correction block is reorganized.
Please inform the authorized personnel/service department. Check MD 21000 CIRCLE_ERROR_CONST and 21010 CIRCLE_ERROR_FACTOR. If the values are within reasonable limits, the circle end point or the circle mid-point of the part program block must be programmed with greater accuracy.
Clear alarm with NC START or RESET key and continue the program.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens