Sinumerik Alarm 12390 Channel %1 block %2 initialization value %3 cannot be converted
%1 = Channel number
%2 = Block number, label
%3 = Source string
During initialization, a value has been assigned to a variable that does not correspond to the type of the variable, nor can it be converted to the data type of the variable.Overview of type conversions:
• from REAL to REAL: no, INT: yes1), BOOL: yes, CHAR: yes2), STRING:
•from INT to REAL: yes, INT: no, BOOL: yes, CHAR: yes2), STRING:
•from BOOL to REAL: yes, INT: yes, BOOL: no, CHAR: yes, STRING:
•from CHAR to REAL: yes, INT: yes, BOOL: yes, CHAR: no, STRING: yes
• from STRING to REAL: -, INT: -, BOOL: yes, CHAR: yes3), STRING: no
1) Value 0 corresponds to TRUE, value ==0 corresponds to FALSE.
2) String length 0 => FALSE, otherwise TRUE.
3) If only one character.
It is not possible to convert from type AXIS and FRAME nor into type AXIS and FRAME.
– Alarm display.
– Interface signals are set.
– Correction block
Press the NC Stop key and select the function “Correction block” with the soft key PROGRAM CORRECT. The correction pointer positions on the incorrect block.
• Define variable type such that the initialization value can be assigned, or
• Select initialization value in accordance with the variable definition.
Clear alarm with NC START or RESET key and continue the program.
- Siemens Diagnostics Guide by Siemens