Non-Contact Laser systems for rapid, accurate, tool setting and tool breakage detection have brought about a signiﬁcant improvement in production quality and productivity.
Downtimes are greatly reduced compared to manual tool pre-setting. Inspection between consecutive machining operations is possible, ensuring a reduced scrap rate and allowing unmanned operation.
On-machine laser tool setting automatically updates the tooltable, avoiding any manual data insertion error.
The Marposs’ Mida Laser system permit to achieve a constant manufacturing quality as well as minimized down-times. Its protection device, based on ATE technology (air-tunnel effect based tecnology), has the best signal-noise ratio obtained through the best reduction of noise coming from chips, coolant and air. The rugged mechanical structure, the professional optical laser system and the intelligent electronics guarantee the best reliability and precision in tool pre-setting and verification.
Laser control under coolant
Tool veriﬁcation and tool breakage detection cycles can be reliably performed, even under a shower of coolant due to the active drip rejection ﬁlter and the air tunnel effect. The ﬂexibility of the programmable, microprocessor based interface, has allowed the laser system to be adapted to the harshest of machine environments.
- Unmanned operation
- Tools can be pre-set in the machine
- Tool table data is updated automatically
- Improved production quality
- Reduced rejects
- Increased production
- Tools checked at normal operating speeds
- Increased number of measurable tool types
- Tool identiﬁ cation
- Tool breakage detection
- Tool setting
- Dynamic tool diameter and length measurements
- Tool wear compensation
- Tool cutting proﬁ le integrity checks
- Machine axis thermal drift compensation
- Heidenhain: TNC 426,TNC 430,TNC 530
- Fagor: 8050, 8055, 8070
- Siemens: 810D, 840D, 840Di