High-performance 4xD drills are common in the industry.
But now Kennametal gives you the chance to use the 5xD drill with Kennametal’s 5xD high-performance indexable drill without guiding pad and pilot drill.
Kennametal 5xD Drill-Fix drill bodies are designed for the highest possible metal removal rates and hole accuracy you want to achieve.
Kennametal Drill Fix DFS 5 x D, available in the diameter range of 24–48mm (1.000–2.125″).
It’s not common technology when a high-performance 5xD indexable drill does not have a pilot drill or guide pad. But there’s nothing common about Kennametal Drill Fix DFS 5xD indexable drills.
The tool’s design pays special attention to cutting force balance, chip flute, and coolant channel, while helping you achieve the highest metal removal rates and hole accuracy in difficult machining applications.
This drill combines long body tool lfe, excellent chip evacuation, economical squared outboard inserts, and trigon inboard inserts. Give your productivity a boost with DFS outboard inserts in grades KCPK10™, KCU25™, and KCU40™.
What does this mean for you?
- higher metal removal rates and excellent chip evacuation
- drill holes up to 5xD in steel, cast iron, ductile iron, stainless steel, and non-ferrous materials
- perfect for jobs where speed and economy are top considerations
- ideal for straight holes, inclined entries/exits, interrupted cuts, and rough or welded surfaces
- lower cutting noise and power consumption