Haas Parameter 315 COMMON SWITCH 4 – Haas Mill
- 0 ALIS M GRPHC – When this bit is set to 0, all user defined M codes (such as M50, normally used to do a pallet change on a horizontal mill) are ignored when a program is run in graphics mode. If it is necessary to have graphics recognize such M codes, this bit should be set to 1.
- 1 GANTRY .
- 2 NO X MOVE NEXT TOOL – Horizontal mills only, primarily intended for use on the HS-3. If this bit is set to zero, it will have no affect. If it is set to one, the X-axis will not move following a Next Tool button press. The reason for this is because after pressing Next Tool on an HS-1 or HS-2, the spindle, which is mounted on the X-axis, is moved closer to the operator so the next tool can be manually installed. On an HS-3, the X-axis is on the table and there is no advantage to moving it. Setting this bit to one will save time.
- 3 EXTRA-LARGE TOOLS – Specifies that large tools are considered to be extra large, and allows Tool Pocket table to be set up as shown below. This parameter bit should be set to 1 on all mills with the 50 Taper Side-Mount Tool Changer. It will enable the control to recognize tools that occupy three pockets. An example of a tool pocket table with extra large tools:
When this parameter bit is set to 1, the following tool pocket configuration is not allowed (see Alarm 422).
- 4 HIGH SPD MACHINING – Enables the High Speed Machining feature. It requires an unlock code in order to set the bit to 1. This option requires the Floating Point Co-Processor and Floating Point software. If this option is turned on when non-floating point software is installed, the High Speed option will have no effect.
- 5 FAEMAT SPINDLE – Controls the tool clamp and unclamp sequence for different spindles. This improvement is intended primarily for the VB-1 bridge mill.
- 6 MANUAL TOOL CHANGER – Must be set to 1 when a TM-1 has no tool changer, and zero when it has a tool changer. When set to 1, M06 will stop the program and display a message requesting the operator to change tools manually.
- 7 RESET STOPS PAL CHG – Enables the Reset button to stop a pallet change. It is intended for use with the future hard-coded pallet changer macro program. It should be set to zero.
- 8 MINI POWER SUPPLY – When Parameter 315, bit 8, Mini Mill is set to 1, the Over Voltage discrete input will be displayed as P.S. Fault. When it is set to 1:
(a) DC BUSS voltage displayed on the diagnostics screen for a vector drive machine is not displayed.
(b) Conditions that would normally generate Alarm 119, Over Voltage and Alarm 160, Low Voltage will insteadgenerate Alarm 292, 320V Power Supply Fault. This alarm will be added to the alarm history only after a 1 second delay, to prevent false 292 alarms being added to the alarm history at the moment power is turned off. This parameter bit must be set to 1 on all Mini Mills.
- 9 DOOR OPEN SWITCH – Allows the software to work with an optional door-open switch. This bit should be set to 1 on machines fitted with the second door switch. If this bit is set to 1, the control will look for a second door switch when the door is opened automatically to the fully open position. If the switch is not found, Alarm 238, Door Fault will be generated. If this bit is set to zero, the control behaves as before.
- 10 PALLET HARDCODE – Supports the hard-coded APC pallet changer function. It must be set to 1 when an APC is present that is wired for two APC door switches. On all other machines, it must be set to 0.
- 11 M50 CLOSES DOOR – The MDC-1 pallet changer station auto door closes before an M50 pallet rotate and opens afterward, provided this parameter bit is set to 1. If the bit is set to zero, a flashing message directing the operator to close the pallet changer door (manually or by pushing the Part Ready button) will be displayed and the pallet change will not occur until the door is closed. Note that the door will not close automatically if the Pallet Schedule Table is used to schedule a pallet.
- 12 MANUAL JOG TRM/TRL – Enables the manual jog feature for the Tool Room Mill’s handwheels.