Haas Parameter 268 Z SWITCH B – Haas Mill
Parameter 268 is a collection of single-bit flags used to turn servo related functions on and off. The left and right cursor arrows are used to select the function being changed. All values are 0 or 1 only. The function names are:
- 0 Z LIN SCALE EN – Enables linear scales for the Z-axis.
- 1 Z INVRT LN SCL – Inverts the Z-axis linear scale.
- 2 DSBL SCALE Z – Disables the linear scale Z test.
- 3 Z ZERO AXIS TC – Returns axis to the position specified by the Tool Changer Offset parameter prior to a tool change. On mills with a gimbaled spindle, this bit must be set to 1 on the A and B axes (Parameter 269 and 270) and 0 on all other axes.
- 4 Z 2ND HOME BTN – Moves the axis to coordinate specified in Work Offset G129.
- 5 Z NEG COMP DIR – Negates the direction of thermal compensation.
- 6 Z DELAY AXIS 0 – Used with an APL to ensure Z-axis is zeroed before A-axis of APL
- 7 Z MAX TRAVEL INP – This bit is set to 1 on five axis machines. This bit indicates that there is a switch (visible through MOCON) that detects if the axis has rotated all the way round. It is used to tell the control to skip the first zero switch when zeroing so it can unwrap the cables.
- 9 Z TEMP SENSOR – Performs Ballscrew Thermal Compensation via a temperature sensor attached to the ball nut. When this bit is set to 1, the feature is activated for that axis. Note that this feature can only be used when temperature sensors are installed.
- 16 SCALE Z HIST – For Haas diagnostic use only.