Haas Parameter 266 X SWITCH B – Haas Lathe
Parameter 266 is a collection of single-bit flags used to turn servo related functions on and off. The left and right cursor arrows are used to select the function being changed. All values are 0 or 1 only.
The function names are:
- 0 X LIN SCALE EN – Used to enable linear scales for the X-axis.
- 1 X INVRT LN SCL – Used to invert the X-axis linear scale.
- 2 UNUSED – Unused
- 3 TH SNSR COMP – Used for Ballscrew Thermal Compensation via a temperature sensor attached to the ball nut. When this bit is set to 1, the feature is activated for that axis. Note that the feature can only be used when temperature sensors are installed. The following parameters must be set appropriately:
- 4 X 2ND HOME BTN – Moves axis to coordinate specified in Work Ofset G129.
- 5 X NEG COMP DIR – Negates the direction of thermal compensation.
- 6 X DELAY AXIS 0 – When set, indicates that this axis should be zeroed in Phase II of the zeroing process rather than the default, Phase I.
- 7 MAX TRAV INP
- 8 NO ZERO/NOHOME – Intended for lathes with extra tools mounted on the outside of the turret. If this bit is set to zero, it has no effect. If set to 1, the associated axis will not move whenPower Up/Restart, Home G28 or Auto All Axes is pressed. The reason for this feature is to help prevent collisions between tools mounted on the outside of the turret and a sub-spindle mounted on the tailstock. It is important to note that a single axis Home G28 (e.g., press Z then Home G28) and any G28 specified in a program will still cause the axis to move regardless of the value of the parameter bit. Operator must exercise care when commanding any axis move.
- 11 X REVERSE DIR – Reverse direction of power to motor.
- 12 X AMP DECODE – Governs how amplifier alarms are generated. A 0 indicates an old model amplifier and 1 indicates a smart amplifier.