The Click-Change tool holder allows insert changes in just 5 seconds with the push of a button. Its cam-actuated lever provides a uniform insert clamping pressure of 8,000 psi.
You are working a cnc lathe and after some component there arises the need for insert change. Now below is the whole process of the insert change on a cnc lathe machine.
- Clean the tool and tool holder with air pressure (Coolant and Chip Clearing).
- Search the proper size allen key (torx plus screwdriver) for tool clamp screw (which tightens the insert on the tool).
- Open the tool clamp screw with the allen key (torx plus screwdriver).
- Pay full attention otherwise you might damage the screw if wrongly handled (read this).
- Now remove the insert.
- Change or index the insert.
- Put it back in the tool slot carefully.
- Now tight again the tool clamp screw.
If you calculate the time for a single insert change I think this might have taken two to three minutes. But Click-Change lathe tool holder allows the insert change in five seconds. The added benefit is that now no need for any allen key (torx plus screwdriver). Click Change tool holder makes insert change process an ease for an inexperienced operator as well.
Click Change tool holder’s locking mechanism does not rely on spring pressure to secure the insert. Instead, an internal drive spring engages a high-angle locking wedge that performs the clamping action. Once engaged, the wedge cannot be loosened by any amount of machining force. Click Change tool holder requires 3–5 lb of manual force to engage lock and 8–10 lb of manual force to release. Click Change tool holder is available in CNMG, DNMG, VNMG and WNMG insert geometries. Click Change tool holders are available in square shank sizes ranging from 0.75 to 1.25 inches in both left- and right-hand models.
ClickChange Tool Holder Demonstration Video
The following video shows how on lathe machine an insert (CNMG) is changed in Less than 5 seconds with a ClickChange toolholder.
The Click-Change toolholder is from Axian Technology (Phoenix, Arizona).