Centroid Alarm 411 _ axis full power without motion
Cause & Effect
90% Power (PID Output > 115) is applied to any axis and no motion >.0005 inches is detected, for more than the time specified in parameter 61 (default .5 sec.). All axis motion is stopped and the CNC program is aborted.
The probable causes of this error are:
1. One of the axes is against a physical stop.
2. The servo drive has shutdown due to a limit switch input.
1. If the axis has run into a physical stop, use the slow jog mode to move the axis away from the stop. Determine and set software travel limits to stop machine before in runs into the hard stops.
2. If the axis is not on a physical stop, check for a tripped limit switch. If it is then the software is commanding a move into the switch but the hardware is shutting the move down. Go to the motor setup screen and enter the limit switch input number if applicable.
3. Make sure the switch input is not unstable or noisy. If it is then replace the switch. If the problem persists it may be necessary to create separate home and limit switch inputs. Use slow jog to move opposite the direction causing the error and clear all limit switches. Jog toward the direction causing the error, if no motion occurs then a servo drive failure is indicated.